Are you passionate about intellectual property (IP) law and/or information technology (IT) law?
You’re in luck because CIPIT is looking for you!
The CIPIT blog team is looking to add several new members to help us with regular updates on IP and IT so as to further expand and enrich our content.
The new writers and contributors will tackle topical issues around IP and IT law both within Kenya and in the wider African region for local and global audiences.
Areas of Want:
– Open (Data/Education/Government/Licensing etc..)
– Innovation & Development
– Information Controls
– Access to Medicines
– Information Security
– Access to Knowledge
– Telecommunications & Broadcasting
– Information Technology
– Traditional Knowledge, Cultural Expressions & Genetic Resources
– New Media
– Data Protection
– Industrial Property (i.e. Trademarks, Patents, Industrial Designs, Utility Models)
– Copyright and Related Rights
– Anti-Counterfeit matters
– Domain Names
– Plant Breeder’s Rights
– IP Commercialization, management, technology transfer etc…
– Any other issues directly related to IP and IT Law
Again, having a good grasp of IP and IT law nationally, regionally and internationally is key. We expect up-to-date news and analysis with focus on court precedents, policy, legislation, practice matters, trends, emerging issues, comparative studies, reports etc.
What and Who We’re Looking For:
– Writers with a clear, concise and original style and content.
– Ability to contribute regularly and consistently. Writers are also at liberty to contribute case summaries and other lengthier pieces.
– Familiarity with social media platforms generally, particularly twitter, facebook. Being an active social media user is an advantage.
– The ability to self-edit, fact-check and follow existing formatting guidelines, style and procedures already in use on the CIPIT blog.
Please note that as part of the CIPIT blog team, you won’t get paid for your contributions however this could be an opportunity to get some exposure as well as build your professional profile. Therefore all CIPIT blog articles will include a brief bio of the author and a link to his or her website and any other desired info for extra publicity.
If you think you’d fit in, drop us a line at: email@example.com and include two (2) original blog submissions in MS Word format (each 800 words max.) and we’ll gladly consider.
CIPIT Blog Editor.