Are you passionate about intellectual property law and/or information technology law?
You’re in luck because CIPIT is looking for you!
The CIPIT blog team is looking to add several new members to help us with daily updates on IP and ICT law so as to further expand and enrich our content.
The new writers and contributors will tackle topical issues around IP and ICT law both within Kenya and in the wider African region for local and global audiences.
Areas of Want:
– Telecommunications Law
– Data/Online Privacy
– Information Controls
– Information Security and the Law
– Law and Information Technology
– E-Commerce and Law
– Media Law
– Cyberspace Law
– Data Protection Law
– Industrial Property (i.e. Trademarks, Patents, Industrial Designs, Utility Models)
– Copyright and Related Rights
– Anti-Counterfeit matters
– Domain Names
– Plant Breeder’s Rights
– IP Commercialization, management, technology transfer etc…
– Any other issues directly related to IP and ICT Law
Again, having a good grasp of IP and ICT law nationally, regionally and internationally is key. We expect up-to-date news and analysis with focus on court precedents, policy, legislation, practices, emerging issues, comparative studies, best practices etc.
What and Who We’re Looking For:
– Writers with a clear, concise and original style and content.
– Ability to contribute with several articles per week. Writers are also at liberty to contribute case summaries and other lengthier pieces.
– Familiarity with social media platforms generally, particularly twitter, facebook. Being an active social media user is an advantage.
– The ability to self-edit, fact-check and follow existing formatting guidelines, style and procedures already in use on the CIPIT blog.
Please note that as part of the CIPIT blog team, you won’t get paid for your contributions however this could be an opportunity to get some exposure as well as build your profile on the Internet. Therefore all CIPIT blog articles will include a brief bio of the author and a link to his or her website and any other desired info for extra publicity.
If you think you’d fit in: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. Drop us a line and include two (2) original IP/IT related blog articles (each 1000 words max.) and we’ll gladly consider.
CIPIT Blog Editor.